The topics and resources included in this section are specific for the country or region. Visit the
"Major Topics" section, A-Z navigation links above or use the Search link, to find specific topics on HIV/AIDS.
- Learn From Haiti
by Howard Hiatt (NYT) Op-Ed, December 6, 2001.
Of the 28 million people in Africa with AIDS, no more than 25,000 have access to medications. Officials of both Western nations and some affected coun...(479words)
- Ingreso y Pobreza Retan a Mujeres Costarricenses [Income and Poverty Inequalities Challenge Costa Rican Women]
La Nación (San José, Costa Rica), 10/24/01.
- [Colombian] Rebels Expel HIV Victims from Homes
Guardian (U.K.), 10/23/01.
- Annan Urges Central America to Eradicate Poverty, Strengthen Democracy
- Ciento Diecisiete Millones de Niños Sufren Pobreza en Latinoamérica [117 Million Children in Latin America Live in Poverty]
AP/La Prensa (Honduras), 10/23/01.
- Brazilian Women Ravaged By AIDS
Washington Post, 9/30/01.
- Brazil Wins Support for Health on WTO Agenda
- Doctors Group to Export Brazil AIDS Program
- Brazil Targets Older People in Anti-AIDS Program
Reuters/New York Times, 9/6/01.
- Brazil, Roche Agree on AIDS Drug Price Cut
- Merck Helps Caribbean Fight AIDS
AP/New York Times, 8/29/01.
- HIV Healthcare Access Limited in Central America
Reuters Health/Yahoo, 8/15/01.
- [Central American] Region Seeks Cheap AIDS Drugs
BBC News, 8/12/01.
- Brazil: Winning Against AIDS
- Brazil uses porn to fight Aids
BBC. 23 June, 2001.
Notes and Footnotes:
Click on Literature Sources
to access the source of the information database, specified as superscript after each topic link.