Aug 19, 2018
The topics and resources included in this section are specific for the country or region. Visit the
"Major Topics" section, A-Z navigation links above or use the Search link, to find specific topics on HIV/AIDS.
- Congress to Consider Boost in Global AIDS Funds
WASHINGTON (Reuters) NYT March 27, 2002 - Expressing regret for being a latecomer to the global fight against AIDS, Sen. Jesse Helms, a frequent critic of foreign aid, w...
- Helms Reverses Opposition to Help on AIDS
(editorial), New York Times, 3/26/02.
- Senator Helms as an AIDS Savior
(editorial), New York Times, 3/26/02.
- [Nevirapine] Defended After U.S. Orders Review
- [Boehringer Ingelheim] Pulls Application for AIDS Drug Use in U.S.
Washington Post, 3/23/02.
- Canada: Traditional Values Help Condom Campaign
Agence France-Presse, 3/22/02.
- San Francisco AIDS Debate Leads to Criminal Charges
by Greg Winter (NYT) December 24, 2001.
With a shudder and a sigh, Dr. Jeffrey Klausner of the San Francisco Department of Public Health watched as the argument over combating H.I.V. grew ev... (1051words)
- Metro Briefing | Connecticut: Hartford: State To Collect H.I.V. Information
by AP (Compiled by Anthony Ramirez) (NYT) November 8, 2001.
The State Department of Public Health will begin collecting information, including names, on adults infected with H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS. ...(143words)
- H.I.V. Practices Face Grim Financial Times
by David Tuller (NYT) November 6, 2001.
Let's say you're a primary care physician with a large number of H.I.V.-infected patients. Until a few years ago, almost all your patients died; now, ... (920words)
- Poppers' Link to HIV Prompts Call for Warnings in S.F.
San Francisco Chronicle, 10/25/01.
- Study Shows Gay Men in S.F. Less Afraid of HIV; Attitude May Be Leading to More Infections
San Francisco Chronicle, 10/22/01.
- More San Francisco IV Drug Users Contracting HIV
Reuters Health/Yahoo, 10/18/01.
- An Innovative NIH Center Will Speed New Vaccines To the Public. Its Opening Target: HIV
Washington Post, 10/9/01.
- Bad News for Some Blood Donors
Washington Post, 9/29/01.
- Survey: Religion Affects Teen Sex
AP/New York Times, 9/25/01.
- HIV Outreach Taken to Net Chat Rooms
Miami Herald, 9/24/01.
- Women Susceptible [to HIV] Regardless of Living Situation
Globe and Mail (Toronto), 9/24/01.
- Teens Prefer Buying Condoms to Freebies: Study
Reuters Health/Yahoo, 9/21/01.
- Study: Many U.S. Children in Sex Market
Philadelphina Inquirer, 9/10/01.
- Fed Funds Used for Explicit Workshops
- Predictions on [Drug-resistant] HIV Infections [in San Francisco] Made
- 4 of 10 People With HIV Get Late Diagnosis
Washington Post, 8/15/01.
- Officials Voice Alarm Over Halt in AIDS Decline
AP/New York Times, 8/14/01
- Sharp Drop In AIDS Toll May Be Over
Washington Post, 8/14/01.
- Teen Abstinence Center of Debate: Widening Gap Seen in Sex Education over Best Approach
Chicago Tribune, 8/11/01.
- Prevention: A Closer Look at Needle Exchanges
NYT. August 7, 2001.
- Women Now Look Beyond H.I.V., to Children and Grandchildren
New York Times, 8/7/01.
- HHS Announces $53.7 Million in Grants to Improve HIV/AIDS Care for Women, Children, Youth and Families
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services press release, 8/6/01.
- Project Focuses on Virus' Effects on Women
Los Angeles Times, 8/6/01.
- HIV Patients Getting More Transplants
AP/New York Times, 8/2/01.
- Parents, Boys Say Help Needed With Discussing Sexual Issues
Washington Post, 8/2/01.
- An Orgy of Abstinence
Village Voice, 8/1/01.
- US: Half of Pregnant Women Still Don't Get HIV Test
Reuters Health, 8/1/01.
- Medicaid Pays More for AIDS Drugs: Report Blames Flawed Formula for Payments
Chicago Tribune, 7/27/01.
Notes and Footnotes:
Click on Literature Sources
to access the source of the information database, specified as superscript after each topic link.