Visit Geographic AIDS Database to access other countries/regions.
The topics and resources included in this section are specific for the country or region. Visit the
"Major Topics" section, A-Z navigation links above or use the Search link, to find specific topics on HIV/AIDS.
Africa: General News Archive
- African King's Controversal Measure to Fight AIDS
New York Times, 9/29/01.
- AIDS Crisis Threatens UN Peacekeepers in Africa: Report
National Post (Canada), 9/27/01.
- AIDS Group Call for a Home Away From Home
- Africa: Hustling for Corpses
- AIDS Expected to Claim 10M Southern Africans By 2015
African Eye News Service (Nelspruit), 9/12/01.
- Who Will Care for the AIDS Orphans Among Us?
African Church Information Service, 9/7/01.
- In Africa, Free HIV Drug Slow to Reach Babies at Risk
Boston Globe, 9/7/01.
- Racism 'Helping Spread of AIDS'
BBC News, 9/5/01.
- Activists Hope Firms' Involvement Boosts Battle against AIDS in Africa
Boston Globe, 9/4/01.
- African Nations Widen Medical Help to Women With H.I.V.
AP/New York Times, 9/1/01.
- African Lawmakers Adopt Anti-HIV/AIDS Motion
The Guardian (Lagos), 8/10/01.
- Why Women Are Most Vulnerable to AIDS
- HIV/AIDS Could Orphan Third of Africa's Children
- More IRIN AIDS articles
- Human AIDS Vaccine Trials Due in March 2002
- Apartheid Activist's Book Tackles Western Attitudes to HIV/AIDS in Africa
African Eye News Service (Nelspruit), 8/13/01.
- Health Program Cuts HIV Risk for African Prostitutes
Reuters Health/Yahoo, 8/10/01.
- AIDS War Should Target Young Men, Urges UN
East African Standard, 8/7/01.
- Daimler Chrysler Faces Up to HIV/AIDS Threat
The Nation (Nairobi), 8/2/01.
- Cribs and Hugs for Africa's AIDS Orphans
Christian Science Monitor, 8/1/01.
- Africa Brain Drain 'Hits Growth'
Financial Times, 8/1/01.
- HIV/AIDS an Extra Danger for LRA Child Soldiers
- KENYA: Annan Envoy Welcomes Leadership on HIV/AIDS
- AIDS: 7,000 Teachers to BeTrained
East African Standard, 7/30/01.
- Women AIDS Sufferers Lose Reproductive Rights
African Church Information Service, 7/30/01.
- Education in Africa Threatened By AIDS
- Condom gap in Africa: evidence from donor agencies and key informants
Shelton JD and Johnston B. 21 July 2001 BMJ 2001;323:139. Papers.
AIDS: IRIN special report on AIDS in Africa
01 Dec 1998
Notes and Footnotes:
Click on Literature Sources
to access the source of the information database, specified as superscript after each topic link.